Saturday, November 12, 2011

Bailey Family Reunion


My parents hosted the Bailey Family Reunion this year in Heber, Utah.  It is such a fun tradition!  We usually go the last weekend in June, and this year was no exception.  My mom works so hard each year for this weekend, and it definitely pays off.  We love every minute!  Here are a few memories of our weekend with family that we love.

Minute To Win It!
My mom had a series of games based on the TV game show "Minute to Win it."  It was hilarious!  The game for Alivia's age group was to take 3 cookies to their teammate without eating them.  Well, you can guess that Alivia didn't win.  She immediately veered off course and began to eat her cookie.

This was the game for the adults.  We had to get an Oreo cookie from our forehead to our mouth.  My cookie got hung up just about here.  Attractive, I know.


Jackson and Bowen had to suck M&M's with a straw and put them in a cup.  It was such a fun morning!  My mom works hard to keep us entertained!

Family Home Evening and Potato Derby

My mom prepared a Family Home Evening about everyone working together in a family.  She used potatoes for her examples.  The cousins were great helpers!  Then, we went into the garage of the cabin for a surprise!  A Potato Derby!

We made pine wood derby cars out of potatoes, and then raced them.  The ultimate prize would be a potato trophy and of course, bragging rights.  Let's just say, our family struggled a little bit.


Everyone showing off their cars!

Cutest winner around!!

Bowen resting after the big Potato Derby.  I thought this picture was so cute of him!
An Afternoon at the Park

We played our traditional game of Capture the Flag again this year.  Jackson (in the red shirt) ran his little heart out.  He was all over the field!  It is so funny to watch the adults during this game. They get so competitive. I think in the end, my dad only got tackled once by Mark, and Alison probably ran a 5 minute mile. 


The game was a little too competitive for me and Bowen, so we enjoyed watching from the sidelines with Alivia. 

Alpine Coaster

If our family reunion is anywhere near Park City, we always trek in for a ride down the mountain on the Alpine Coaster.  This year, Bowen was tall enough to ride with us!

Waiting for our turn at the Coaster.

Campfire Fun

My mom always finds the funnest cabins.  This one had a great campfire spot.  We had just returned from a natural hot spring and decided to end the night with some S'mores. 

Bailey Family
June 2011


I feel so blessed to be a part of such a great family. I learn so much from my brothers and sisters.  This is such a great time for us to get caught up and let our kids enjoy playing with each other.  The reunion is definitely a highlight of our summer.  Even through the winter, Jackson and Bowen will talk about the next "Family Reunion."  We love you, Bailey's!!

No comments: